When you go to https://blackboard.aber.ac.uk you will now see the Login@AU page. Use your AU username and password on this page to access Blackboard.
If you have set your Language to Welsh in ABW or your Student Record, you will automatically see the Welsh version of Blackboard. If you want to change your language setting have a look at the FAQ.
If you have problems using the Blackboard app:
- Logout and close the app.
- Search for Aberystwyth University and click on the name.
- You will be told that you are logging in through the AU website
- Click Got it
- Login with your AU username and password
Blackboard will update at the beginning of every month. These monthly updates mean that we don’t need to take Blackboard out of service for maintenance any more.
Update dates for semester 1:
- 5 September
- 3 October
- 7 November
- 5 December
- 2 January
You may notice that things have changed, or new features appear. We’ll try to keep you updated with major changes through the blog. You can also find out more at https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Administrator/SaaS/Release_Notes
Retention and Backup
Blackboard keep deleted material for 30 days. If you have deleted something from Blackboard and you want to get it back, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. This includes course materials, users and grades.
Dealing with Queries
As Blackboard is now managed in the cloud, e-learning support staff may need to refer your query to central Blackboard support. We may need to:
- Ask you for more details than normal about the problem – we may need to ask you for a detailed breakdown of the steps you took
- Give Blackboard support staff access to your module
It may also take a little longer to get a reply but we’ll try to keep you updated on the progress of your query.