As leader of our PGCTHE programme, I keep an eye out for resources to help staff teach effectively. These include webinars, podcasts, online toolkits, publications and more. Topics include active learning, online/blended teaching, accessibility/inclusion, and effective learning design based on cognitive science. Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 15/3/2021 12:30 Enhancing Digital Teaching & Learning in Irish Universities IUADigEd: Join the Conversation – student collaboration, recording of previous webinar Student Collaboration
- 23/3/2021 WonkHE, The academic experience of digitally enabled learning during Covid-19
- 25/3/2021 LTEU Aberystwyth University, Embedding Well-being in the Curriculum
- 31/3/2021 Future Teacher, Getting savvy with digital tools and resources
- 7/4/2021 Transforming Assessment, Lessons Learned from Systemically Implementing Competency Based Assessment
- 15/4/2021 University of Warwick, Interdisciplinary Learning and Teaching Conference booking / programme
- 3/5/2021 Post-Pandemic University, Digital Divide in the Post-Pandemic University: “If you would like to take part in this online workshop on the Digital Divide in the Post-Pandemic University, due to take place on May 3rd from 1pm to 5pm BST, please send the following information via this online form by March 31st: a theme you would be interested in speaking about, a brief account of your work and how it relates to the theme and biographical details including your social media handle (if applicable) and affiliation.”
- Hinton, D. (17/9/2020) Exploring the Anatomy of an Online Discussion Board Activity, National Teaching Repository
- Knight, S. (8/3/2021) Over 27,000 students share how colleges and universities could improve digital learning, Jisc News
- Mote, K. & Kelly, J. (3/3/3021) Video captioning and accessibility regulations, Jisc
- Wilson, H. SCULPT – Shaping your documents and content for accessible and inclusive practice, Worcester County Council
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.