On Thursday 25th March, the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit will be hosting the second Academy Mini-Conference online of this academic year. The theme will be ‘Embedding Well-being in the Curriculum’, where will explore the links between mental well-being and learning and how this could help to maximise success for both students and staff. The Mini-Conference will run from 09:30-16:50.
We’re excited to confirm our programme:
- Flourishing at Aberystwyth – Putting Positive Education into Practice (Frederica Roberts – Keynote)
- Online Communities and Student Well-being (Kate Lister – Keynote)
- Well-being in the Curriculum at Aberystwyth University (Samantha Glennie)
- Well-being in the Curriculum – a Foundation Year Pilot (Sinead O’Connor)
- Supporting Students in Building a Resilient Approach to their Learning (Antonia Ivaldi)
- What Can Lecturers Do to Get Students to Embrace Mistakes? (Marco Arkesteijn)
- Building Resilience (Alison Pierse)
- Meeting Students’ Needs (using simple tools) (Panna Karlinger)
- Resilience – a Valuable Student Skill (Sadie Thackaberry)
We will also be running an optional yoga and meditation session during two of the breaks for all conference attendees.