On Thursday 25th March, the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit will be hosting the second Academy Mini-Conference online of this academic year. The theme will be ‘Embedding Well-being in the Curriculum’, where will explore the links between mental well-being and learning and how this could help to maximise success for both students and staff. The Mini-Conference will run from 09:30-16:50.
We’re excited to confirm our programme:
• Flourishing at Aberystwyth – Putting Positive Education into Practice (Frederica Roberts – Keynote)
• Online Communities and Student Well-being (Kate Lister – Keynote)
• Well-being in the Curriculum at Aberystwyth University (Samantha Glennie)
• Well-being in the Curriculum – a Foundation Year Pilot (Sinead O’Connor)
• Supporting Students in Building a Resilient Approach to their Learning (Antonia Ivaldi)
• What Can Lecturers Do to Get Students to Embrace Mistakes? (Marco Arkesteijn)
• Building Resilience (Alison Pierse)
• Meeting Students’ Needs (using simple tools) (Panna Karlinger)
• Resilience – a Valuable Student Skill (Sadie Thackaberry)
We will also be running an optional yoga and meditation session during two of the breaks for all conference attendees.