On Thursday 25th March, the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit will be hosting the second Academy Mini-Conference online of this academic year. The theme will be ‘Embedding Well-being in the Curriculum’, where will explore the links between mental well-being and learning and how this could help to maximise success for both students and staff. The Mini-Conference will run from 09:30-16:50.
We’re excited to confirm our programme:
- Flourishing at Aberystwyth – Putting Positive Education into Practice (Frederica Roberts – Keynote)
- Online Communities and Student Well-being (Kate Lister – Keynote)
- Well-being in the Curriculum at Aberystwyth University (Samantha Glennie)
- Well-being in the Curriculum – a Foundation Year Pilot (Sinead O’Connor)
- Supporting Students in Building a Resilient Approach to their Learning (Antonia Ivaldi)
- What Can Lecturers Do to Get Students to Embrace Mistakes? (Marco Arkesteijn)
- Building Resilience (Alison Pierse)
- Meeting Students’ Needs (using simple tools) (Panna Karlinger)
- Resilience – a Valuable Student Skill (Sadie Thackaberry)
We will also be running an optional yoga and meditation session during two of the breaks for all conference attendees.
We hope that you will be able to join us. You can register to attend the Mini-Conference by clicking on this link. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.