As leader of our PGCTHE programme, I keep an eye out for resources to help staff teach effectively. These include webinars, podcasts, online toolkits, publications and more. Topics include active learning, online/blended teaching, accessibility/inclusion, and effective learning design based on cognitive science. Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 2/3/2021 Jisc, Supporting wellbeing through inclusive use of technology and inclusive digital pedagogy
- 3/3/2021 Panopto, How to ensure pedagogy comes before technology
- 4/3/2021 Experiences in Digital Learning webinars, Approaches to Inclusive Online Practices
- 5/3/2021 Digitally Enhanced Education webinars, Pedagogy and Practice when Teaching Online
- 9/3/2021 Active Learning Network, A business simulation game: A framework to promote active learning in Higher Education
- 24/3/2021 University of Lincoln Digital Education Support, The Future of Blended Learning Conference
- 19-14/4/2021 Active Learning Network, Global Festival of Active Learning
- 9/6/2021 Generation Z in Higher Education
- Guccione, K. (10/2/2021) Listening, to understand, not to reply, GCU Academic Development and Student Learning.
- Lomer, S., Mittelmeier, J. & Carmichael-Murphy, P. (1/2021) Cash cows or pedagogic partners? Mapping pedagogic practices for and with international students, Society for Research into Higher Education
- Mihai, A. (18/5/2020) The kaiseki approach to online learning: How microlearning helps you design online learning experiences, The Educationalist.
- Plutino, A. & Alisca, E. (26/2/2021) Languages at work, competent multilinguals and the pedagogical challenges of COVID-19, Research-publishing.net.
- QAA (18/2/2021) Learning from the Remote Pivot – approaches to aligning learning outcomes to assessment for student success
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.