As leader of our PGCTHE programme, I keep an eye out for resources to help staff teach effectively. These include webinars, podcasts, online toolkits, publications and more. Topics include active learning, online/blended teaching, accessibility/inclusion, and effective learning design based on cognitive science. Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 17/2/2021 Transforming Assessment, Authentic Assessment in Business Education
- 18/2/2021 Education and Training Foundation, Using learners’ own devices and selecting appropriate tools
- 18/2/2021 Advance HE, Global roundtable on gender equality in higher education
- 23/2/2021 AbilityNet, How Cardiff Metropolitan University meets accessibility targets
- 25/2/2021 Education and Training Foundation, Learning from others and fostering practitioner networks
- 25/2/2021 Future Teacher webinars, Using video effectively in teaching and learning
- 25/2/2021 Jisc, What have we learnt from the experiences of spring 2020 about best digital practice for 2030?
- 26/2/2021 Creative HE, Creative approaches to build and foster community #creativeHE
- 3/3/2021 Transforming Assessment, Student agency and confidence in assessment
- 8-11/3/2021 Jisc, DigiFest
- 16-18/3/2021 Advance HE, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Conference 2021
- 13-14/7/2021 Higher Education for the Common Good: learning from Covid-19 – The University of Hull’s Teaching Excellence Academy 2021 free international online conference will explore how we can harness learning through adversity to inspire the next generation of global citizens.
- Brown, N. (11/2/2021), Resource Toolkit: Supporting International Postgraduate Teaching Assistants, UCL
- Jisc and Emerge Education (28/1/2021), Student and staff wellbeing in higher education
- Jisc events (ongoing)
- Mihai, A. (10/2/2021), Let’s talk about feedback!, The Educationalist
- Pownall, M., Harris, R., & Blundell-Birtill, P. (8/2/2021), Supporting students during the transition to university in COVID-19: 5 key considerations and recommendations, PsyArXiv Preprints
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.