This year’s Academy Forums are now well underway. This year, our Academy Forums are structured around themes that emerged from the Annual Learning and Teaching Conference and were put forward by conference delegates.
The Academy Forums for the year are:
- 03.10.2018, 3pm-4pm: Introduction to Academy Forum
- 11.10.2018, 10am-11am: JISC’s Student Digital Tracker
- 16.11.2018, 11am-12pm: Students as Partners
- 17.12.2018, 1pm-2pm: Innovative approaches to feedbacl
- 21.01.2019, 12pm-1pm: Learning Design
- 28.02.2019, 3pm-4pm: Research-Led Teaching
- 01.04.2019, 12pm-1pm: Instilling self-regulation in learners
- 09.05.2019, 11am-12pm: How do we know our teaching is working?
- 12.06.2019, 2pm-4pm: Using Learning Analytics, Summary and Close
You can book onto the Academy Forums via the CDASP booking pages.
Our Academy Forums provide an informal space for members of the University community to come together and discuss matters relating to learning and teaching and technology-enhanced learning.
Last year’s Academy Forums were based on JISC’s Enhancing the Digital Experience for Students’ Cards. Some of the discussions that we had last year. Within the E-learning Group, we started to develop our own Student Engagement Strategy and started to think about how we might work more closely with our student partners. In addition to this, we also started working with colleagues in the Careers service to talk about the digital skills that were required in the workplace.
The Academy Forums are held in E3, the E-learning Training Room. To access E3, you will need your Aber Card. Enter the Hugh Owen building via the Language Labs and proceed up the stairs to Level E. Swipe your Aber Card and E3 Training Room is just around the corner on the right hand side.