As leader of our PGCTHE programme, I keep an eye out for resources to help staff teach effectively. These include webinars, podcasts, online toolkits, publications and more. Topics include active learning, online/blended teaching, accessibility/inclusion, and effective learning design based on cognitive science. Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
Online events and webinars
- 3/11/2021 Transforming Assessment, Digital Equity in Online Assessment
- 4-5/11/2021 AdvanceHE, Assessment and Feedback Symposium 2021: Putting the Student at the Heart of Assessment and Feedback: Equality, Diversity and Partnership
- 10/11/2021 Echo 360, Reimagining Learner Engagement and Assessment in Blended Learning
- 11/11/2021 SEDA, CPD and Reflective Practice – Opportunities for meaningful outcomes
- 8/12/2021 Echo 360, Developing Inclusive Educational Practices with Video-Based Learning
- Multiple dates through 2/2022 AdvanceHE, Inclusive learning and teaching workshop series
Resources and publications
- Addie, T. (20/10/2021), What Inclusive Instructors Do: Q&A With Tracie Addy, ACUE (with 2-minute video)
- Anthony, P. (8/10/2021), How to share best practice with teachers around the world, Jisc Beyond the Technology podcast series, (39-minute audio podcast).
- Bunbury, S., Davies, M., Jones, M., Krajewska, A., Popoola, O., Waddington, L., & Revell, L. (2021), Contract cheating detection for markers: checklist, London and South East Academic Integrity Network
- Carless, D. (12/10/2021), Supporting the Development of Student Feedback Literacy
- Coe, R., Great Teaching Toolkit, Evidence-based Education: Understanding the content (3-minute video), Creating a supportive environment (2-minute video), Maximising opportunity to learn (2-minute video), Activating hard thinking (3-minute video)
- Fallin, L. (21/10/2021), Designing for Diverse Learners Poster version 3.2.2, University of Hull LibGuides
- Guccione, K. (21/10/2021), Launching the Are You OK? supervisor toolkit, Supervising PhDs
- Jones, K. & Wiliam, D. (13/10/2021), Getting the “Think-Pair-Share” Technique Right, ASCD
- Kwok, K., Potter, J., Shaikh, S., & Pritchard, J. (20/10/2021), The practical wisdom of… students? Co-creating a practical resource for HE teachers with students as partners, SEDA blog
- Matthews, K. (1/10/2021), Energizing institutional assessment activities with students as partners: Assessment Institute 2021, University of Queensland
- Salmon, G. (14/10/2021), Captivating Learning: Storyboarding, OEB Insights
- Soon, L. (10/2021), Accessible Equations and Mathematical Text at the University of York
- Swingler, M., Wehbe, L., Pringle-Barnes, G., Cleland-Woods, H., Buglass, E., Conlan, V., Sabha, N. & Fournarakis, G. (22/10/2021), Staying Connected: A Toolkit for Effective Groupwork, TILE Network, (11-minute video)
- Talbert, R. (30/5/2021), How to write learning objectives
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.