Panopto’s automatic speech recognition (ASR) captions can now be added to recordings made in Welsh.
To use of Welsh captioning:
If your course contains both Welsh and English recordings, you should create a sub-folder to hold all the recordings for one of the languages:
- Login to panopto.aber.ac.uk and find your course folder.
- Click on the Add Folder button.
- Type in a name for your folder and press Enter.
- Click on the new folder and set the language for these recordings.
When you make your recordings, you must select the correct language folder before pressing record. This is because Welsh ASR captions cannot be added to recordings copied or moved from other folders.
- There can be delay between changing the language on your folder and the option for automatic captions to appear. If this happens check back after an hour or so and you should see the option available.
- The Welsh ASR captions are only available for content created after you updated the language setting on your folder.
- The Welsh ASR captions cannot be added to recordings copied or moved from other folders.
- If you regularly make recordings in other languages, ASR captions are available in other languages (see the Panopto website for the full list)