As leader of our PGCTHE programme, I keep an eye out for resources to help staff teach effectively. These include webinars, podcasts, online toolkits, publications and more. Topics include active learning, online/blended teaching, accessibility/inclusion, and effective learning design based on cognitive science. Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 11/3/2021 ALT-ELESIG, The student voice on Active Blended Learning
- 24/3/3021 ALT-ELESIG, How are students experiencing learning online? What the data from our digital experience insights 2020-1 student surveys is telling us
- Collins, M. (26/2/2021), The Pedagodzilla Pedagogic Poetry Slam, Pedagodzilla – The pedagogic podcast with the pop culture core
- Developing Practice Podcast (5/3/3021), E38: Dr Monica Chavez: Building communities of practice for educational development, The Academy, University of Liverpool
- Gonzalez, J. (15/10/2015), The Big List of Class Discussion Strategies, Cult of Pedagogy
- Harvard, B., Downloadables, The Effortful Educator – applying cognitive psychology to the classroom
- Jones, K. (3/3/2021), Retrieval Practice In Action In The Classroom – A Summary, TILE Network
- Mihai, A. (29/1/2021), Active learning online? Yes you can!, The Educationalist
- O’Toole, R. (26/2/2021) Digital Arts and Humanities Programme design challenge, Inspires Learning
- Sheridan, N., Adventures in Academic Development
- Toro-Troconis, M. (26/2/2021), Learning Design Bootcamp – Supporting Higher Education institutions before, during and after COVID-19, The SEDA blog
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at email@example.com. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.