Setting up sessions through MS Teams:
- Unless otherwise agreed, Microsoft Teams should be used to run all online teaching sessions.
- Details of online teaching sessions should be posted in Blackboard (see our FAQ how to set up a Teams meeting in Blackboard?).
- Please note that for any sessions set up through Blackboard, students will be able to use the link to join the session 15 minutes before the chosen start time. Any time prior to this, students have the option to add the session to their Office365 calendars (see our student FAQ).
Keeping students informed:
- Use the announcements feature in Blackboard to communicate with your students. (See our FAQ How do I add an announcement to my Blackboard module?)
- Ensure that your Blackboard contacts page has your contact information and clear instructions on how and when students should contact you.
Delivering online sessions from the University:
- If required, you may come into the University to deliver your online session from the teaching rooms in the allotted timetabled slots. Please ensure you are using the correct room and time allocated to your activity.
- The Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit will be running a number of CPD sessions for staff members over the coming weeks, focusing specifically on online learning and teaching and associated E-learning tools.
For any technical assistance with using MS Teams or any of the E-learning tools, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to discuss any aspect of learning and teaching, please email email@example.com.