We have updated the RMP to respond to the Covid-19 situation. The new RMP contains items that will help support students with their online learning. It has been developed by the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Group (LTEU) with significant input from sub-groups of the Learning and Teaching Scenario Planning Group (LTSPG).
All new or altered items are highlighted in bold in the new RMP. They represent some good practice currently in place around AU as well as responding to some of the queries received by the LTEU from staff and students during the Covid-19 crisis. Some highlights include:
- A Panopto recording of a module tour to help students to familiarise themselves with how the module will run
- Induction activities – see below
- Providing clear information to students on what they need to do online, how they should do it, and what to do if they have problems
- Recommendations on providing lecture materials via short Panopto recordings.
The IBERS Distance Learning modules make use of an induction folder (known as Unit 0). This introduces all students to a range of activities which must be completed to ensure that students are able to successfully study online. We recommend this approach for modules in the coming year. The types of activities you may want to include will vary between modules and will depend on what tools and approaches you are using in the module. Some examples may be:
- A practice Turnitin or Blackboard Assignment submission to check submission and that students can view their feedback
- Viewing a Panopto recording and completing a quiz
- Posting an introductory message to a discussion forum
- Completing a formative Blackboard test
- Locating library materials through the Aspire Reading List
If you need any help or support with the new RMP, please email email@example.com