Weekly Resource Roundup – 6/2/2023

Weekly Resource Roundup, Mary Jacob, Lecturer in learning and teaching, Learning and teaching enhancement unit, Aberystwyth University

As leader of our PGCTHE programme, I keep an eye out for resources to help staff teach effectively. These include webinars, podcasts, online toolkits, publications and more. Topics include active learning, online/blended teaching, accessibility/inclusion, and effective learning design based on cognitive science. Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery. 

Online events and webinars

Resources and publications

Other

• Monthly series European Network for Academic Integrity, ENAI monthly webinars free open webinars on various topics related to academic integrity
  • Subscribe to SEDA’s mailing list for email discussions about educational development and emerging teaching practices. This is one of the sources I use when identifying useful material for the Roundup.
  • Follow University of Birmingham’s Higher Education Futures institute HEFi on Twitter for daily posts with links to pedagogical literature and more. This is one of the sources I use when identifying useful material for the Roundup.
  • Join the #LTHEchat on Twitter Wednesday nights for one hour of lively discussion about learning and teaching in HE. I often find out about good resources for the Roundup from the chat.
  • Call for submissions due 3/3/2023, Active Learning Network, 2023 Global Online Festival of Active Learning

Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at lteu@aber.ac.uk. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.

Lecturer in Learning & Teaching, L&T Enhancement Unit, Aberystwyth University. Leader of the Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in HE study scheme.