The aim of the updated policy was to bring it in line with our Lecture Capture Policy and provide greater clarity over its scope and requirements from staff and students.
One big change that will affect the creation of Turnitin submission points is the introduction of a policy that gives student the option to submit multiple times before the deadline and also to view their Turnitin originality report. In the creation of the Turnitin submission point, choose the following settings:
- Generate Similarity Reports for Students – Immediately (can overwrite until Due Date)
- Allow Students to See Similarity Reports – Yes
The updated policy outlines:
- The scope of E-submission and E-feedback
- How our E-submission technologies makes use of yours and your students’ data
- Tips for the submission of electronic work, including deadlines, giving students the opportunity to practice submitting
- Grading and feedback expectations
- Electronic submission for dissertations
- Retention periods
- How IT failures are handled
- Accessibility guidance for staff and students
- The support available
Our E-submission page outlines all the support and training available for staff on e-submission. If you’ve got any questions about how to use these tools or drop us an email for assistance (email@example.com).