As lecturer in learning and teaching responsible for the PGCTHE, I keep an eye out for new resources to help our staff teach effectively online. This includes externally-provided webinars, toolkits, publications and other resources. Because active learning is high on our university agenda, I’m particularly keen to share guidance for moving active learning online.
Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 7/7/2020 RAISE network. “We will be discussing chapter 4 from Cathy Bovill’s new book, Co-creating learning and teaching: towards relational pedagogy. Cathy will be joining us for the webinar. You can find more details, and a copy of the chapter, at the event link on Advance HE Connect.”
- 16/7/2020 RAISE network. “RAISE Student Engagement Buddying scheme, introduced as a pilot in 2019 to connect staff and students from across the network and facilitate communication and collaboration among our members. The webinar is hosted by the scheme co-ordinator, Madalene George, and there will be a chance to hear from some of our matched buddies about their experience. You can find out more at the event link on Advance HE Connect.”
- 7/8/2020 “Addressing Bias in HE“
- Active Learning Network. “Online Active Learning: A call for collaboration!”
- “EADI (European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes) webinar series”
- Enhancement Themes. “Learning from Disruption: Exploring what counts in Higher Education”
- Gibbs, Graham. Learning@City Conference 2012. “Improving Student Learning through Assessment and Feedback – Feedback doesn’t work because the teachers give it, it works because something goes on in the students’ head.” Slides on Slideshare
- Mazur, Eric. Harvard University. “Peer Instruction“.
- University of Liverpool Centre for Innovation in Education. “Microsoft Teams Champion videos”
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff.