As lecturer in learning and teaching responsible for the PGCTHE, I keep an eye out for new resources to help our staff teach effectively online. This includes externally-provided webinars, toolkits, publications and other resources. Because active learning is high on our university agenda, I’m particularly keen to share guidance for moving active learning online.
Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 8/7/2020 – Advance HE. ‘Safe(r) for staff? Equality implications for ‘re-opening’ university and college campuses in the age of COVID-19‘
- 8/7/2020 – Advance HE. ‘Learning spaces and beyond: connected learning while physical distancing‘
- 15/7/2020 – Jisc. ‘Learning and teaching reimagined: best emerging practice?‘
- 16/7/2020 – ‘Using MS Teams and OneNote to deliver lecture-style content‘
- 16/7/2020 – Advance HE. ‘Team-Based Learning: Creating human connections in digital teaching’
- 26-27/8/2020 Association for Learning Technology (ALT) ‘Online Summer Summit‘
- Jisc. Accessibility Community of Practice
- Carpenter, Shana K. et al. (June 2020) ‘On Students’ (Mis)judgments of Learning and Teaching Effectiveness‘. Journal of Applied Research in Memory and Cognition. (9)2.
- CDE Recordings. Jumping online Webinars ‘Sustaining Quality Learning’
- CDE Recordings. Jumping online Webinars ‘What have we learned?’
- Clay, James. Jisc. ‘Facilitating positive change through a crisis – As universities consider reopening campuses for the autumn term,’head of HE and student experience James Clay explores how online learning will fit into the new landscape.’
- Clay, James. The Pie. ‘Reimagining contact hours‘
- Cooper, Kate. History UK. ‘Should we stop worrying about contact hours?‘
- ‘Digital Education Practices Podcast series’
- Lukes, Dominik. Media and Learning News – ‘The 6-Tasks Framework for thinking about instructional video‘
- Robson, Louise. Media and Learning News – ‘Online active learning in an emergency pivot – it’s active learning, but not as we know it’
- ‘Transforming Assessment webinar series‘
- White, Dave. ‘The need for Presence not ‘Contact Hours’’
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff.