If you’re anything like us, we have been a little bit obsessed with Line of Duty recently (no spoilers here) and understand how the misspelling of the word ‘definately’ can have potentially catastrophic consequences and we wouldn’t want anyone to be accused of being in league with OCGs.
We’ve found a way in which you can add a dictionary to spellcheck your feedback to the browser that you use to mark. We’ve got step by step instructions below for Chrome and Firefox (as you know, we recommend that you use these browsers to access our E-learning tools).
Install the Spell Checker Add-on in Chrome
If your preferred browser of choice is Chrome, install the spellchecker:
- Launch Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner of the screen:
- Select Settings and a new window will open
- Click on the three lines in the top left hand corner of the browser next to Settings
- Expand Advanced and select Languages
- You can add languages (Welsh-Cymraeg and English UK) by clicking on Add languages
- You can then choose which languages you’d like to Spellcheck by turning them on so they are blue
- You’ll then be good to go
Install the Spell Checker Add-on in Firefox
If your preferred browser of choice is Firefox, install the spellchecker:
- Launch Firefox
- Click on the three lines in the top right hand corner of the screen:
- Select Add-ons
- Select Get Add-ons
- In the search box enter Geiriadur Cymraeg or British English Dictionary and select the relevant dictionary
- Click Add to Firefox
- You’ll then be good to do
As these are browser based, you’ll have to add these onto each browser that you use to mark, but once you’re up and running there’ll be no suspicion cast on being ‘H’.