Aberystwyth University is taking part in the Digital Experience Insights project aiming to explore our students’ experiences of technology. The project is based on online surveys designed by Jisc and used by different institutions across the UK.
It allows us to gain insight into how students use technology and to benchmark our results against other HE institutions in our sector.
We would appreciate your help in promoting the Digital Insights Survey to all students
For staff involved with Component Marks Transfer, our online guidance is available on our webpages and FAQs.
We will also be running our E-learning Essential: Introduction to Component Marks Transfer sessions on:
From September 2020, two new settings should be used on all Turnitin submission points. This is so that students can view their Similarity Report (as agreed by Academic Board).
Both these settings are under the Optional Settings section when you create a Turnitin Submission Point:
1. Generate Similarity Reports for Students – Immediately (can overwrite until Due Date)
2. Allow Students to See Similarity Reports – Yes
If you have any questions, please contact the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit at email@example.com.
Online tests and quizzes can be created for your students using the Tests function in Blackboard. Tests can be provided as a formative method of assessment, as a self-assessment method for students, or as a more formal means of assessing student performance.
The Learning and Teaching Enhancement Unit have recently updated our Blackboard Tests guidance, to support staff in providing online assessment activities for students.
Why Use Blackboard Tests in my module?
Benefits to Students:
- Reinforce learning. Research has shown that tests and quizzes are powerful tools to promote retrieval practice, aid revision and improve learning.
- Valuable feedback. Blackboard Tests can provide varied, additional feedback opportunities for students.
- Media rich experience. Videos, images and links to recordings and external resources can be provided within the questions and answers.
Aberystwyth University is taking part in the Digital Experience Insights project aiming to explore our students’ experiences of technology. The project is based on online surveys designed by Jisc and used by different institutions across UK.
It allows us to get better insights on how students use technology and benchmark our results against other HE intuitions in our sector.
We would greatly appreciate your help in promoting this survey to all students: