Student access to Turnitin Submission Points.
We recommend that Turnitin Submission Points are not hidden from students for the following reasons:
- Students require access to Turnitin Submission Points to access and download their Turnitin digital receipt which is evidence of their submission.
- Students should ideally always retain access to their submitted assignments via Turnitin Submission Points.
- Students should have access to their grades and feedback on the Feedback Release Date originally advertised to them for the Turnitin Submission Point. Feedback should be available to students 15 working days after submission in accordance with point 5.2 of the E-submission and Feedback Policy.
Turnitin and non-anonymous submission and marking.
We strongly recommend that the Blackboard Grade Centre column is hidden for any Turnitin Submission Point set up with non-anonymous marking.
When a Turnitin assignment is set up without anonymous marking any marks entered in the Turnitin Feedback Studio will feed through to the Blackboard Grade Centre Column immediately. This makes them visible to the students before the Feedback Release Date.
To hide a column in the Grade Centre:
- Go to Full Grade Centre
- Click the chevron next the relevant column
- Toggle the ‘Hide from Students (On/Off)’ option until there is a red line through the chevron.
The Blackboard Grade Centre Column should be unhidden when the feedback release date has passed.
Though anonymous marking is the norm, there may be reasons for non-anonymous submission and marking. See point 4.7 of the E-Submission and Feedback Policy.
This issue has been reported to Turnitin.