As lecturer in learning and teaching responsible for the PGCTHE, I keep an eye out for new resources to help our staff teach effectively online. This includes externally-provided webinars, toolkits, publications and other resources. Because active learning is high on our university agenda, I’m particularly keen to share guidance for moving active learning online. Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 24/11/2020 WonkHE, “Wonkhe @ Home: Student experience 4.0 Preparing for the next normal“
- 2/12/2020 Solent Active Learning Network, “Meeting the challenge of getting students reading!“
- 3/12/2020 LSE, “Educating Equally: what is needed?“
- #LTHEchat, Learning and Teaching in HE Chat Wakelets
- de Blacquiere-Clarkson, R. (14/10/2020) “Digital Accessibility: meeting our ethical and legal obligations in the Inter- and Post-pandemic University“, Post-pandemic University
- Developing Practice Podcasts, (14/7/2020) “E28: Prof Stan Taylor: The changes to doctorial supervision and their implications”
- Education Endowment Foundation. (27/4/2018) “Metacognition and Self-regulated Learning”
- Jisc. “Learning and Teaching Reimagined“
- Maguire, B. (18/11/2020) “Podcast: Students and Contract Cheating” Drivetime Podcast
- Moore, E. (19/11/2020) “COVID-19 and the Shift to Online Learning” TILE Network
- Moseley, N. (13/11/2020) Steal these thoughts podcast. “Podcast Episode #11: The evolution of digital learning in higher education w/Neil Mosley“
- O’Brien, J. (19/11/2020) “Raising the learning and teaching bar post-Covid“, WonkHE Blog
- OneHE. “Developing your teaching your way”
- Transforming Assessment. Webinar recordings.
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at email@example.com. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.