As leader of our PGCTHE programme, I keep an eye out for resources to help staff teach effectively. These include webinars, podcasts, online toolkits, publications and more. Topics include active learning, online/blended teaching, accessibility/inclusion, and effective learning design based on cognitive science. Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 11/1/2021 start, FutureLearn MOOC, Blended and Online Learning Design with Diana Laurillard
- 15/1/2021, Digitally Enhanced Education webinar series
- 18/1/2021, Enhancing Digital Teaching & Learning in Irish Universities, Student Feedback on Online Learning
- 3/2/2021, Institute of Education Observatory, Teaching, Learning and Assessment in a Digital World
- Brown, N. & Leigh, J. (2021) Ableism in Academia: Theorising experiences of disabilities and chronic illnesses in higher education, UCL Press
- Developing Academic Practice journal, Liverpool University Press
- Guest, J. & Riegler, R. (2021) Knowing HE standards: how good are students at evaluating academic work?, Higher Education Research & Development
- Kukulska-Hulme, A., Bossu, C., Coughlan, T., Ferguson, R., FitzGerald, E., Gaved, M., Herodotou, C., Rienties, B., Sargent, J., Scanlon, E., Tang, J., Wang, Q., Whitelock, D., Zhang, S. (2021). Innovating Pedagogy 2021: Open University Innovation Report 9. Milton Keynes: The Open University
- Li, X., Yang, Y., Chu, S.K.W., Zainuddin, Z., Zhang, Y., 2020. Applying blended synchronous teaching and learning for flexible learning in higher education: an action research study at a university in Hong Kong, Asia Pacific Journal of Education, 0, 1–17.
- University of Rochester Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Learning Activities for Synchronous Online Classes
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.