As lecturer in learning and teaching responsible for the PGCTHE, I keep an eye out for new resources to help our staff teach effectively online. This includes externally-provided webinars, toolkits, publications and other resources. Because active learning is high on our university agenda, I’m particularly keen to share guidance for moving active learning online.
Below I’ve listed items that came to my attention in the past week. In the interest of clarity, our policy is to show the titles and descriptions in the language of delivery.
- 3/8/2020 16:00-17:00 AdvanceHE Staff Development Forum #CoachingHE Twitter chat, “Preparing for the new academic year: stories, leadership and purpose”
- 5/8/2020 Transforming Assessment, “Adapting to COVID19 by ignoring proctoring: catalysing alignment of online teaching, learning and assessment”
- 13/8/2020 Blackboard, “Creating an inclusive online environment for diverse learners”
- 26-27/8/2020 ALT Summer Summit
- Academy Podcast, University of Liverpool. “Doctoral Supervision”
- Carless, D. (28/7/2020). “From teacher transmission of information to student feedback literacy: Activating the learner role in feedback processes“, Active Learning in Higher Education
- Jisc (10/7/2020). “Developing blended learning approaches”
- Open University Learning Design. “Collaborative Activities: a guide to good practice”
- SHIFT, University of Greenwich, “Call for proposals, Radically reimagining Higher Education for a new era: working together for a just and sustainable future”
- Stamov, R. C., Lo, B. K., & Fitzallen, N. (4/7/2020). “Constructive alignment and the learning experience: relationships with student motivation and perceived learning demands“. Higher Education Research and Development, 1-14. 6
Please see the Staff Training booking page for training offered by the LTEU and other Aberystwyth University staff. I hope you find this weekly resource roundup useful. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our team at email@example.com. You may also wish to follow my Twitter feed, Mary Jacob L&T.