Blogpost by Jeffrey Clark (Student Digital Champion)
Like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint is another Microsoft application you’ve probably used before. Planning for delivering a presentation can be daunting and even a frightening task for some, as not only do you have to speak in front of your fellow students, but your PowerPoint presentation will also be on full display. But, have no fear as this blogpost will give you some valuable tips and tricks to help turn a good presentation into a GREAT presentation!
Tip 1: Inserting Excel data into PowerPoint
If your presentation requires you to show data from an existing Microsoft Excel document, there is an easy way to display it within PowerPoint.
- On the slide you want your data to appear on, go to Insert > Object
- From the Insert Object window, select Create from file > Browse > then select the Microsoft Excel file where the chart you want to include is located > OK
- This will automatically insert both the data and chart from your Microsoft Excel document
- You can edit this data directly within your PowerPoint document by double-clicking on the chart on your slide
- Click outside of the chart when you are finished, and PowerPoint will produce a chart with your Excel data!