From Wednesday 27 September 2023, we will be enabling a new version of the tool which allows staff to embed LinkedIn Learning content within their modules on Blackboard Learn Ultra. There are many advantages to enabling this new version, however it will require staff who have already embedded LinkedIn Learning content within their current modules to follow a few steps before and after this date.
What do I need to do if I have LinkedIn Learning content embedded in my current Blackboard Learn Ultra modules?
- Before Wednesday 27 September, you will need to make a note of which LinkedIn Learning courses you have already embedded within your modules.
- You can then delete these courses from your module.
- From Wednesday 27 September, you will need to re-add these courses using the new version of the tool (how do I do that?)
Please note: Any embedded LinkedIn Learning content that were added using the old version of the tool will appear as broken links to students from 27 September.
What are the advantages of this new version?
- Embedding content will save staff time as it will automatically pull through the content title and description for you.
- Staff can search for the LinkedIn Learning content they wish to include in their modules directly in Blackboard Learn Ultra.
- Previously, staff could only embed LinkedIn Learning courses within their modules. The new version allows other types of content from LinkedIn Learning, including videos, audio files, and Learning Paths, to be embedded.
- Students will be able to view the content directly in Blackboard Learn Ultra, without having to login to LinkedIn Learning separately.
From 27 September 2023 all staff can embed LinkedIn Learning content within their Blackboard Learn Ultra modules using the new version of the tool – further instruction is available from this FAQ.
The below video (no audio) demonstrates how easy it will be for students to access LinkedIn Learning content within Blackboard Learn Ultra if they have been embedded using the new tool.
For any queries relating to embedding LinkedIn Learning content in Blackboard Learn Ultra, please contact the Digital Skills Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).