Dear library users!
Great news – the lighting and air conditioning is now installed and our crew is putting ceiling tiles in the ceiling frame.
On a different note, we would like to encourage all students and staff to feedback to us all your suggestions, likes and dislikes in this year’s Information Services User Survey: https://aber.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/isusersurvey17
We want to know what you think about your library, the Level D refurbishment and also the services we provide.
We wish you a good week,
Ania and Arfon
Level D refurbishment progress is stepping up fast. Every week we see things changing and beginning to take shape. Most recently our crew started working on:
• Your new group study room…
• and the gender neutral toilets at the bottom of the stairs.
We would like to apologise once again for any noise disruption. As we mentioned in our previous blog posts, this will soon become less of an issue.
Please check our previous posts:
• We are now undertaking work on the ceiling
• Come to celebrate Level D reopening on 3 January 2018!
You will hear from us soon,
Ania and Arfon
Just two weeks ago we updated you on the ceiling work undertaken on Level D (see our last post here). We are pleased to say that the noisiest work is nearly over. Spaces are really starting to take shape with fixtures and fittings now being added – take a look at some new photos below:
• The first lamps are being installed here.
• The refreshment area is looking good!
We know that during the past few weeks the library was not as quiet as it usually is. Your patience and understanding will be rewarded with cake for all who come to celebrate Level D reopening on Wednesday 3 January 2018. A small formal opening by the Vice-Chancellor will take place around a week later.
We will come back soon with new updates and photos.
Ania and Arfon
Dear students and staff,
We hope that you all settled well in the new academic year. You might have wondered why recently the library was noisier than usual. The reason for all the disruptive drilling noise in the library is that our crew has now started working on the ceiling. They will be carrying these works over the coming two weeks. We apologise for the disruption, the noise will lessen as soon as work moves to more decorative finishing touches.
We are working towards making our Library a modern and comfortable place to study, with the very best facilities and learning resources. Let’s now take a look at what is currently happening on Level D:
- This will be your refreshment area, where you can socialize and have a cup of tea!
- Currently, we are installing the drop ceiling in there.
- Looking from the refreshment area we can see the cleaning up ready for ceiling grid and the new doorway on the left.
- Apart from the ceiling we are also working on preparing the floor for our new carpets.
- Completing interior walls for staffing area.
- And font door new lobby frame.
We are grateful for your patience and hope you look forward Level D to be re-open in January 2018.
We will update you soon, keep checking our blog for the latest refurbishment news!
Anna and Arfon