Information Services has a history of supporting ‘Green’ activities and considering the environmental impact of all our activities. Last summer, we were awarded the Gold Standard Award under the Green Impact Programme.
To continue our sustainable practice during service relocation and the emptying of Level D we have:
- Retained glass from Level D to be reused in the new layout.
- Repurposed some unwanted furniture and given it a new lease of life (photos below are of old drawers which have been given a makeover)
- Donated any unwanted crockery from the staff lounge to Craft to be reused.
- Installed a Hydrachill machine – this allows us to refill our water bottles and thus reduce the need to purchase bottled water.
- Retained Wireless Access Points and our CCTV equipment to be reused.
- Relocated furniture / shelving across our libraries.
- Recycled all redundant electrical/IT equipment.
- Retained door motors to reuse in the new build.
Wherever possible we have endeavored to ensure all our actions have a minimal impact on the environment.