Just two weeks ago we updated you on the ceiling work undertaken on Level D (see our last post here). We are pleased to say that the noisiest work is nearly over. Spaces are really starting to take shape with fixtures and fittings now being added – take a look at some new photos below:
• The first lamps are being installed here.
• The refreshment area is looking good!
We know that during the past few weeks the library was not as quiet as it usually is. Your patience and understanding will be rewarded with cake for all who come to celebrate Level D reopening on Wednesday 3 January 2018. A small formal opening by the Vice-Chancellor will take place around a week later.
We will come back soon with new updates and photos.
Ania and Arfon
Dear students and staff,
We hope that you all settled well in the new academic year. You might have wondered why recently the library was noisier than usual. The reason for all the disruptive drilling noise in the library is that our crew has now started working on the ceiling. They will be carrying these works over the coming two weeks. We apologise for the disruption, the noise will lessen as soon as work moves to more decorative finishing touches.
We are working towards making our Library a modern and comfortable place to study, with the very best facilities and learning resources. Let’s now take a look at what is currently happening on Level D:
- This will be your refreshment area, where you can socialize and have a cup of tea!
- Currently, we are installing the drop ceiling in there.
- Looking from the refreshment area we can see the cleaning up ready for ceiling grid and the new doorway on the left.
- Apart from the ceiling we are also working on preparing the floor for our new carpets.
- Completing interior walls for staffing area.
- And font door new lobby frame.
We are grateful for your patience and hope you look forward Level D to be re-open in January 2018.
We will update you soon, keep checking our blog for the latest refurbishment news!
Anna and Arfon