Group Project Software Engineering: Week 6

The beginning of this week we had the review meeting for the test specification. Everyone we needed was present and we went over the document ready to be handed in. Only a few changes were needed and it was ready to be handed in before Wednesday.

With the test specification ready I am waiting for the meeting on Wednesday to see what else I would need to do and then ready for my next task on the group project.

Hours (so far):~2

Group Project Software Engineering: Week 5

This week the U.I document was handed in by Aaron and feedback came in a few days later, I feel it was a good piece of documentation and the feedback was very helpful on what to do for the next to come.

With this and having the normal meeting on Wednesday, the next documentation to be handed in is the Test Specification which is what me and Jacob needs to do. So having the finished U.I document we are able to make tests to be more specific.

Later in the week we were able to make a meeting with the people doing the JavaFx so we can go over the tests and see what tests we could add.

For the rest of the week I made changes based on the U.I document and the notes taken in the previous meeting ready for the review meeting next week.

Hours:~4

Group Project Software Engineering: Week 4

Not a lot happened towards the end of the third week. After the meeting everyone went their separate ways and on Sunday we had a meeting. Unfortunately I couldn’t make the start of it just catch the tail end. It was about the architecture of the project and Peter showing his UI. On Monday we had another quick meeting to check on the architecture people and see if they needed any help but it seemed like they were making good progress.

As well to add on Aaron was appointed the project leader so he will, in the coming weeks help pull everything together.

Other then that… not a lot. I’m slowly adding tests of my own to the document and hopefully have all the tests we need in the next couple week.

Group Project Software Engineering: Week 3

Coming into week 3 I had a reply from Chris Price having emailed him earlier in the day. The question was about doing tests that went over multiple functions of the program. He said that in a way we could do this by having tests run off each other where the next test would be in the state left behind by the previous test.

So, for example one test would be to create an exercise, the next test would be to select the exercise etc…

Having forwarded the email to Jacob we both understood what needed to be changed to the test specification. Later in the week he sent me a message to meet to show me what he has done so far. Having changed the formatting of the file to comply with SE.QA and changed the ordering of the tests round to run off one another. He has done quite a bit. I then said I would slowly add tests to it but we were in no rush as we had plenty of time before it was needed.

Group Project Software Engineering: Week 2 The Sequel

After the Wednesday meeting with the group everyone did really well in bringing what they did in the first week to the meeting unfortunately a couple members had trouble starting but should be fine for next week. During the meeting me and Jacob presented what we had so far to our group manager, Laurence, he answered most of our questions but said for the last few he wasn’t sure and to e-mail Chris Price.

We got together with the other members of the group to make more specific tests for the UI, that being Aaron, Bartosz and Peter. Me and Jacob said for next week we would make the test specification comply with SE.QA formatting and put it onto gitlab for the rest of the group to access.

Group Project Software Engineering: Week 2

In the second week of the semester on Tuesday I spent just over an hour reading through the documentation I needed to read to start on the testing specification. Having to read the Quality Assurance Plan, Test Procedure Standards and re-reading the Requirements Specification for Exercise. Having done this, me and Jacob have decided on a meeting tonight to collect the tests we have, making sure we know what each of us has done, has to do and if we have done so correctly.

Later in the evening I met with Jacob, going into a call and discussing what system tests we could do and which sections we would do tests on. Jacob showed me the tests he produced on the different Function Requirements and his documentation. We agreed I would do tests on Function Requirement numbers 4, 5 and 6. Later having finished listing a few test specifications for these functions taking just over an hour all together. Sent him the docx and said he would compile them together read for tomorrows tutorial meeting.

Group Project Software Engineering: Week 1

In the first week of the semester, we got assigned into our groups on Wednesday for the CS22120 module. In the group we have to develop a “high quality software ‘product'” and do all the documentation, implementation, testing etc… to a professional standard. Here on this blog I will write what we and/or I do each week on the project. During the Wednesday tutorial we talked to our Project Manager which in our case is Laurence Tyler, about the project and we all got assigned roles to do in the first week. I got assigned testing with another group member, Jacob, where we would document tests we could implement for the software that would be repeatable and.. of course… test if the software would work, by giving correct returns, and assigned correct values for example. After that we created a Discord and started on the git hub and creating it, and making sure it worked for everyone; this took around 2 hours. We then agreed to meet each week after the Wednesday tutorials to discuss what we talked about and what each member needs to do. And that is all for the first week.