Welcome to the Aberystwyth University Blogging Service.
If you wish to start a blog, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements and we’ll advise you on how to get started. You can also view information about setting up a blog on the Web Services pages.
Our Active Blogs
Latest posts from across the AU blogging network
- The E-leaning Group is looking into how polling software can be used in lectures and seminars. Polling software is a great way to increase classroom engagement as it provides interactive presentations ranging from multiple choice questions to live word clouds. With their personal devices (such as mobiles, tablets etc.), students will be able to answer ...more
- A focus group has been held on the planned refurbishment of the Iris De Freitas room. Six participants joined staff and the architects who are working on the refurbishment to talk through the current plans. The focus group session helped to gather student feedback along with surveys and the post-it note board in the Iris ...more
- A photo of the Iris De Freitas Room. The Iris De Freitas room in the Hugh Owen Library will be closed for refurbishment from the 3rd of June. We expect to re-open the space on the 4th November 2019. During the planning process we asked the users of the room to give us their suggestions for ...more
- We have recently closed the Digital Experience Insights surveys for students where we asked about their experiences of digital learning and digital services. We would also like to know how teaching staff experience these services. There are only about 20 questions that ask about your digital teaching methods and your experience of our digital provision. Please spare ten minutes and have your say ...more
- This year’s Academy Mini Conference will be held on Wednesday 10th April at 2pm in E3, E-learning Training Room, Aber Academy, Hugh Owen Building. Following the introduction of new Accessibility Regulations for online content in September 2018 and with an increased awareness of ensuring learning experiences are open to all, this year’s mini-conference theme will ...more
- You can now subscribe to the E-learning Blog so that you receive an email notification whenever a new post is written. Keep up-to-date with software developments, new initiatives, training sessions and events that help support technology-enhanced learning and teaching activities. Some of our latest blogposts include: Blackboard Grade Centre – in addition to recording and managing ...more
- The Blackboard Grade Centre is probably the most powerful yet underused part of a Blackboard module. Every Blackboard module has one, but how often do you use it and are you getting the most out of it? I’m a big fan of the Blackboard Grade Centre so I’m using this series of blog posts to ...more
- Panopto is the University’s Lecture Capture software. In summer 2018, Panopto moved to a cloud hosted environment which means that in addition to fewer instances of downtime, we also benefit from regular updates and enhancements to the software. Whilst using Panopto for lecture capture remains its primary function, we have also seen an increase in ...more
- To see who’s watching your Panopto videos, for how long, when, and which portions take a look at the statistics for your Panopto videos. From September 2018 Panopto users with Creator access can see the number of views by date for a recording, the length of time a recording has been viewed, a list of users ...more
- The E-learning Group will be running a webinar on Wednesday February 6th at 3pm. In this webinar, the E-learning Group will be demonstrating how to set up a Turnitin submission point and all the optional settings that are available to you. It is quick and easy for you to join the webinar – you can do ...more
- Hello I’m Jude Billingsley, a graduate currently working with the E-leaning team as part of the Aber-Forward Program, a scheme designed to help graduates adapt to a working environment and develop transferable skills. During my placement I will be contributing to the E-leaning blog, familiarising myself with Blackboard by building module content and comparing other ...more
- The E-learning Group hope you had an enjoyable break over holiday period. As we begin to enter into the examination period, we thought that it would be useful for us to identify what support is on offer for colleagues who provide administrative support for learning and teaching activities. Our FAQ, What FAQs are useful for providing ...more