Software Engineering Project Week 11

This week, I worked with Andreas on addressing the feedback on the design specification. After I did this I attended the coding call. The next day I helped the coders out again, adding final touches to the code, and starting to create JUnit tests. Friday was spent finishing writing tests and making any final adjustments to the code, before it was submitted at 4pm.

We also worked on producing the maintenance manual for the program. My tasks for this were to write about the files used by the program, and suggestions for improvements if we had more time to work on it.

I also had to work on the “Things to watch for when making changes” section the following day. We had planned to review the document today, but we are slightly behind schedule. I helped finish the algorithms section for the manual as it had not been completed the day before.

We finally met to review the final documents ready for submission on wednesday the 5th.

Hours Spent

4 hours meetings

24 hours working

Software Engineering Project Week 10

After the tutorial on wednesday I attended a meeting over the weekend to cover plans for integration week. On the first day of integration week I was given the task of completing a change log. I compared each version of the code to the next draft and made notes of each of the changes between each of the versions and compiled it into a single document.

Hours spent:

3 hours meeting

5 hours working

[:en]Software Engineering Project Week 7[:]

[:en]During this week we had a meeting to cover the final parts we needed to cover for the design spec, I am working with Andreas on the significant data structures within the program. For this section we will need UML Class diagrams, so I will update the ones I produced earlier to line up with the updated code.
On the 12th, we had a review meeting for the design spec. I didn’t communicate well with Andreas to split up the work we were assigned which resulted in our section being relatively lacklustre. For this meeting i had completed the updated UML class diagrams, and relationships defined. I plan to finish my Ai assignment early this weekend so I can get back onto the design spec.
After the weekend, I worked on fixing up the UML class diagram so it was portrait, as this allows it to be viewed better in the document. I also began working on UML object diagrams, I have produced one I am content with so far, and another I am not so pleased with, as I don’t think it is quite correct.
We also had a code review meeting to assign tasks to fix up areas of the program while we are waiting for feedback on the design spec. I was tasked with assisting Andreas on the randomiser if he needs it.

Hours Spent:
8 hours
(6 hours meetings)
(2 hours working)[:]

[:en]Software Engineering Project Week 6[:]

[:en]During this week I attended a meeting with Peter and Andreas to cover what needs to be completed in the design spec. I was moved to assist Andreas with completing section 6 from SEQA5, I need to write about the methods that are implemented in each class.
I met again with the group working on the design spec on the 8th to cover what we had done so far. Andreas and I need to make a few alterations and merge our documents together so they can be viewed easier. Once the documents had been merged, I began work on the feedback from the earlier meeting.
I also attended a meeting to work on refactoring the code that has been produced.

Time spent:
11 hours
(7 hours meetings)
(4 hours working)[:]

[:en]Software Engineering Project Week 5[:]

[:en]During this week, Peter and Andreas were moved onto the archictectural team. With their help we began work on finishing up the presentation. My task for this was to create more verbose descriptions of the uml diagrams, and to ensure diagrams were up to standard. A review meeting was held on monday 1st to ensure we were all on track to complete our tasks.

Hours Spent:
5 hours[:]