Poster Competition on climate change for years 5-6 and 7-8
As part of the Festival of Research, the University’s Festival of Research has organised a climate change poster competition for years 5-6 and 7-8.
1st Prize – *A trip on the University’s research boat!
- Pupils will have the opportunity to create a poster on climate change solutions and then present it during the Festival of Research week (18 – 22 October 2021).
- The competition is open to pupils in years 5 and 6 (primary) and 7a 8 (secondary) and there will be a separate prize for the two categories.*
- Links to videos created by experts at the university are attached to help you create your posters.
PLEASE NOTE: New closing date of 14th October 2021.
(*There is currently a limit of 5 pupils on the boat, due to COVID rules).
Guidelines for Posters (A3):
- A3 poster will need to be created for the research festival poster competition on climate change.
- Pupils should focus on the solutions / how to solve climate change with reference to solutions already in place around the local area such as the Rheidol hydropower plant and the local wind turbines.
- Consider beginning with the question ‘What is climate change?’
- Present expert or pupil research and / or activities they have undertaken.
- Fact based on research ie, pie charts generated from questionnaire data. The posters will need some text (no pictures only).
- Content to focus on solutions to climate change.
- Consider links to the local area o What does Aberystwyth do?
- Can we do more?
- What has your school done? o
- What are you going to do now?
- Winners will be taken out on the boat* (this will be arranged in Spring time when there is more to see)!!
- Information on how to carry out a small climate change research project has already been sent out and there is an opportunity for the school to take advantage of this resource as well. •
- IMPORTANT – The project does not have to be completed in order to register for the competition. So go for it!