After the Wednesday meeting with the group everyone did really well in bringing what they did in the first week to the meeting unfortunately a couple members had trouble starting but should be fine for next week. During the meeting me and Jacob presented what we had so far to our group manager, Laurence, he answered most of our questions but said for the last few he wasn’t sure and to e-mail Chris Price.
We got together with the other members of the group to make more specific tests for the UI, that being Aaron, Bartosz and Peter. Me and Jacob said for next week we would make the test specification comply with SE.QA formatting and put it onto gitlab for the rest of the group to access.
In the second week of the semester on Tuesday I spent just over an hour reading through the documentation I needed to read to start on the testing specification. Having to read the Quality Assurance Plan, Test Procedure Standards and re-reading the Requirements Specification for Exercise. Having done this, me and Jacob have decided on a meeting tonight to collect the tests we have, making sure we know what each of us has done, has to do and if we have done so correctly.
Later in the evening I met with Jacob, going into a call and discussing what system tests we could do and which sections we would do tests on. Jacob showed me the tests he produced on the different Function Requirements and his documentation. We agreed I would do tests on Function Requirement numbers 4, 5 and 6. Later having finished listing a few test specifications for these functions taking just over an hour all together. Sent him the docx and said he would compile them together read for tomorrows tutorial meeting.
In the first week of the semester, we got assigned into our groups on Wednesday for the CS22120 module. In the group we have to develop a “high quality software ‘product'” and do all the documentation, implementation, testing etc… to a professional standard. Here on this blog I will write what we and/or I do each week on the project. During the Wednesday tutorial we talked to our Project Manager which in our case is Laurence Tyler, about the project and we all got assigned roles to do in the first week. I got assigned testing with another group member, Jacob, where we would document tests we could implement for the software that would be repeatable and.. of course… test if the software would work, by giving correct returns, and assigned correct values for example. After that we created a Discord and started on the git hub and creating it, and making sure it worked for everyone; this took around 2 hours. We then agreed to meet each week after the Wednesday tutorials to discuss what we talked about and what each member needs to do. And that is all for the first week.