International Office - Aberystwyth University

D-Day….My First Day In Bordeaux!

D-Day

So today is the day. I’m up obscenely early after potentially the worst night’s sleep anyone has ever had. My stomach is churning and my heart is racing and I keep getting flashes of things I am likely to forget! It’s not a long flight to Bordeaux which is a relief; though part of me wishes it was long haul so I don’t have to speak french so soon and can use jet lag as an excuse! Anyways the shower beckons so the next time I post I shall be on the continent, in a flat in merignac.

Wish Me Luck Guys!!!

download

First day in Bordeaux

So I’m here, I arrived, I’m safe, the plane didn’t crash and I have woken up in a surprisingly comfortable bed in merignac ( a suburb of Bordeaux). The weather is lovely but I haven’t experienced midday heat yet so we’ll see how that goes…
I am living with a single woman, Christine, who is so far a wonderful host. My biggest worry so far is that her only shower is one of those ones which is attached to the bath tap so it may not be a refreshing as I hoped #firstworldproblems!
Going to be heading in to Bordeaux itself today to meet the other stagiares which should be fun if I can figure out the trams!
Stay tuned for an update on how my day went later this evening!

bdx-quais-soir

See You In The Next Blog!!

xoxo Lydia