During the second tutorial meeting, sub-groups assigned to tasks presented what they’d worked on so far.
Nathan screenshared our first draft Test Spec with the group. Laurence advised that the questions we had concerning our task be taken to Chris Price.
On Thursday I met with Nathan and Aaron, we discussed what aspects of UI would need to be written into the Test Spec.
We were tasked for the following week to continue working on the Test Spec. Feedback from Chris Price caused us to rethink the structure of the Test Spec, in that tests should be written to naturally follow on from each other. Following this, I began work on the Test Spec as a LaTeX document (first refamiliarising myself with LaTeX). Next I rewrote the existing draft to reflect Chris’ feedback (which caused it to be more specific and repeatable), and then transferred the new draft to the LaTeX document.
I spent some time writing more tests into the Test Spec Doc, ensuring where possible that the Input, Output and Pass Criteria sections are specific. Last, I successfully uploaded a .tex file and a readme to the /docs folder on the group’s GitLab.
~4 hrs spent
Time spent: most of a single working day.