Welcome to the Aberystwyth University Blogging Service.
If you wish to start a blog, please send an email to email@example.com to discuss your requirements and we’ll advise you on how to get started. You can also view information about setting up a blog on the Web Services pages.
Our Active Blogs
Latest posts from across the AU blogging network
- Hello everyone, Following on from a successful launch we are delighted to see the newly refurbished Hugh Owen Library Level D in full use. Our Group Study Rooms are busy and the library floor is full of students revising hard for their exams. The space was officially reopened by our Vice-Chancellor, Professor Elizabeth Treasure on Monday ...more
- Hello again! You may have noticed a flurry of activity out the back of the Hugh Owen building this week. We have taken delivery of the furniture and the newly refurbished space is really beginning to take shape. As we come closer to our launch date (Wednesday the 3rd of January) a reminder of the benefits ...more
- Hello, We are currently in week 10 of building works. In our meeting last week with the contractors, RL Davies it was confirmed that: • Mechanical and Electrical isolation/strip out is 100% complete. • Plumbing and Mechanical 1st fix is in progress. • Internal partitions are all boarded on one side. • Entrance lobby substructure has been completed. Components have been removed to ...more
- Dear library users! Great news – the lighting and air conditioning is now installed and our crew is putting ceiling tiles in the ceiling frame. On a different note, we would like to encourage all students and staff to feedback to us all your suggestions, likes and dislikes in this year’s Information Services User Survey: https://aber.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/isusersurvey17 We ...more
- Hello all! Level D refurbishment progress is stepping up fast. Every week we see things changing and beginning to take shape. Most recently our crew started working on: • Your new group study room... • and the gender neutral toilets at the bottom of the stairs. We would like to apologise once again for any noise disruption. As we mentioned in ...more
- Hello again, Just two weeks ago we updated you on the ceiling work undertaken on Level D (see our last post here). We are pleased to say that the noisiest work is nearly over. Spaces are really starting to take shape with fixtures and fittings now being added - take a look at some new ...more
- Dear students and staff, We hope that you all settled well in the new academic year. You might have wondered why recently the library was noisier than usual. The reason for all the disruptive drilling noise in the library is that our crew has now started working on the ceiling. They will be carrying these works ...more
- Welcome to new students and welcome back to returning students who may be suprised to find that the original library entrance on Level D is not open and that there is a temporary entrance to the Hugh Owen Library via Level E. This is due to building work taking place over summer and continuing through ...more